Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Catching Up & Picture of TIAS #4 That I Tatted, Motif #16

I have been absent from blogger world for too long. What's my excuse......I don't have enough time in the day to do everything I want to do. LOL! I can barely keep up with all the tatting blogs anymore. Now this is a good thing, that just means more people are blogging about their tatting, which I think is Fantastic!! I get a few minutes here and there and will go directly to the tatting blogs. But once I start looking at one tatting blog, it leads me to another that leads me to another and so on.....

I have been tatting in my long absence, I just haven't had the time to blog about it. I think I have possibly tatted enough motifs that I will surpass my 25 Motif Challenge. I will try to post one or so a day and try to get caught up.

The first thing I want to post is my TIAS #4 that was hosted by Lady Shuttle Maker. (Thank you Sherry for doing this). I had no clue until the end what we were making. This TIAS has been the most challenging for me so far. I have only done block tatting a couple of times, so this was great practice for it. But I think I still need more practice on block tatting. Plus, I never did the front side, back side tatting either, and I will need to work on this also. I enjoyed trying the techniques and will continue to use them. I did have a problem with the Lighthouse though. After I finished, I looked at my Lighthouse and then everyone else's and realized I left out a whole section. So my Lighthouse is shorter than all the others. But that's ok, I like it anyway.



4 comments:

Tatskool said...

Welcome back to the land of bloggers Carol...we are waiting to see what else you have been doing.
Your lighthouse is excellent.

'RainbowRose' Connie Faulconer said...

LOL I know just what you mean about "keeping up with the blogs". There are a lot of new bloggers!

Hi Carol, good to hear from you again. I myself am behind in the blogs and blogging, trying to catch up. Course I didn't get a whole LOT of tatting done.

I love your lighthouse. You sure selected some great colors too!!! I have yet to try block tatting. That may come soon.

Good to see ya again!!!

LadyShuttleMaker aka MadMadPotter said...

Your lighthouse looks really great Carol! I know what you mean about how difficult it is to keep up with all the new tatting blogs....it's becoming a full time job (but a fun one (o:
I am really glad to read a post from you....I hope you find time write more....you've been missed!
Hugs, Sherry

Unknown said...

YAY!!! It's so good to have you "back"! Don't leave for so long ever again, k? LOL! It's fantastic that you have a life outside of blogging that keeps you so busy.
I know exactly what you mean about one blog leading you to another and then another and so on...and so forth...
Hope you come and visit soon! You've been missed in my neck of the woods!

Your lighthouse bookmark turned out fabulous, DAH~ling! :)