Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Tatting Harry Potter & Hedwig


Everyone at my house is anxiously awaiting the new Harry Potter Movie. I was thinking of how I could tat something to represent Harry Potter and this is what I came up with. I used Jane Eborall's Bridegroom pattern for Harry and her small owl pattern for Hedwig. You can find these patterns here: http://www.janeeborall.freeservers.com/

The
wizard hat pattern can be found on
Gillian Buchanan's BellaOnline's Tatting Site: http://www.bellaonline.com/articles/art13836.asp
I also tatted a bookmark, it is Harry's scarf in Gryffindor colors and Harry's Firebolt broomstick for his Quidditch games.
Until next time....Bye

5 comments:

Tattycat said...

Carol, this is the cutest, most clever thing! You must be an even bigger Harry Potter fan than I am and I didn't think that was possible! Would you mind if I tried this?

Carol Schockling Lawecki said...

Hi Laura, Yes, I'd love to see your version of a Tatted Harry Potter. I thought Jane's bridegroom was the perfect start. I never thought of tatting a pheonix to go along with them. Great idea!! Keep me posted on how it goes.

Tattycat said...

Thanks Carol. I'll print out the patterns and get started as soon as I can. I'll keep you posted. If I get the phoenix done I'll let you know.

Tara said...

This is sooo cute! I love this! I'll have to try it just for me. So many patterns so little time!

Tara
http://www.tattedlacetreasures.blogspot.com/

Carol Schockling Lawecki said...

Thanks for your comment Tara. I know what you mean about time and tatting. I have so many things I want to tat right now. I have a list, "To Tat List" and it has so many things on it, it would keep me busy for years to come. Thanks for stopping by.