Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Happy Valentine's Day


This is the heart I choose to tat for Valentine's Day. The colors are not your usual reds and pinks. I was reading the January/February issue of Family Circle Magazine and saw an article "A Valentine's Day Card-Making Party. It showed some really nice home-made Valentine Cards. It looked like paper you would use when scrapbooking. I really liked the colors they were using to make these Valentine Cards. They used paper in chocolate brown, cream, pink and cranberry. The colors just look lovely together. That is what inspired me to make this heart. The pattern is by Pam Palmer in her Tatting Treats book. I need to find a frame for this heart. I have a deeper color, like a cranberry with swirls on it to use as a mat around the pink paper. I'll take another picture when it is framed. Here is a picture from the Family Circle that inspired me.

No comments: