Sunday, January 25, 2009

Tatted Edge for Gloves

I received a pretty cream colored gloves for Christmas, and I thought how nice they would look with a pretty tatted navy edging. So I searched all my tatting books until I found the perfect edging. I found it in an old Dover book "Tatting Doilies & Edgings" by Rita Weiss. I used Oren Bayan 50 color #747 Navy with a silver lined crystal bead. The motif on the top of the glove is from Patty Duff's "Mini Tats Book" Mofif #21.
Here is a close up of the gloves.

I also finished some crosses that I made for a friend and will post them next time.
I'm not sure how to count this in the motif challenge, But there are two motifs and 2 seperate edgings, so I guess this would be Motif # 7, 8, 9 & 10. I'm doing pretty good this time on the challenge, I only started this challenge on January 1, 2009 and I'm already up to #10. I actually have much more than that done already, but I need to take pictures of everything. I wonder how quickly I can get this challenge completed. The first time I did the challenge, It took me 10 months to complete.
I just wanted to thank Sharon and the gang for hosting the challenge and show-casing what all we have been tatting.
Happy Tatting everyone!



16 comments:

Unknown said...

OMGOsh! 2 posts in ONE day!!! Whoo Hooo! How lucky are we!?!

Those gloves are absolutely beautiful, Carol! They will be a stunning addition to any winter outfit you decide to wear! Love 'em! :)

LadyShuttleMaker aka MadMadPotter said...

oooh I LOVE these! They match my hat http://ladyshuttlemaker.blogspot.com/2007/09/snowflake-hat.html perfectly.....

battatter said...

Beautiful! I never thought of that. I will have to check my gloves to see if I can do the same to mine..
Carol

Bonnie said...

Super cute, Carol. Thank you for sharing them.

Gina said...

What a beautiful touch for these gloves! Make sure you don't lose them!

Jane Eborall said...

WOW, those are SO pretty. What a lovely pair of gloves.

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

That is a beautiful combination of tatting, beads, and gloves! Thanks for sharing such an inspirational photo!

Carol Schockling Lawecki said...

TattingChic, Sherry, Carol, Bonnie, Gina, Jane and Diane, thank you so much for your comments. I appreciate them very much. I was quite pleased how the edging turned out. I used navy because a friend crocheted me a hat and it is navy with a cream colored edging and she also gave me the gloves and offered to crochet an edge on them, but I surprised her and tatted an edge for the gloves. She loved them. I have gifted my friend Debbie with a few pieces of my tatting, she was thrilled with each piece.

Melissa said...

Oh so pretty! I love adding tatting where I can!

victats@gmail.com said...

Its funny how just the right touches can make something spectacular. The gloves are elegant. Its a great way to add tatting to something you use everyday (at least during the winter).

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Carol,

I love your blogs and your navy tatting work on the gloves is beautiful. You are very talented.
I never realised how many Ladies do tatting and it is so neat to see.

Many thanks for visiting my blog and wishing me a happy Anniversary.

Hugs
Carolyn

Connie said...

Wow! I'm impressed! Very elegant.

Unknown said...

I love adding tatting to items that can be used in our everyday life. These gloves are really pretty. Great idea!

CJ STITCHING AND BLOOMS said...

Hello Carol, The tatting you added to your new gloves make them look like a million dollars. Super idea. Hugs Judy

Unknown said...

Just stopped back over to say thank you so much for your very kind and generous comment on my blog. It means more to me than yo will ever know! Thank you! ((Hugs)) to you, Carol! :)

Carol Schockling Lawecki said...

Melissa, victats, Draffin Bears, Connie, Judy & Linda, thank you for visiting my blog and leaving me such nice comments and feedback to my tatted gloves. Since everyone thinks they turned out so nice, I think I will make a few pair and give out as Christmas gifts next year. They didn't take long to make at all.

TattingChic, You are very welcome and I do love reading your blog and seeing all your works. You are a very talented writer and tatter/crafter too! Thank you!! Hugs, Carol