I've been tagged by two wonderful tatters, Joy and Diane.
Here are the rules:
1. Link back to the person that tagged you.
2. Post the rules on your blog.
3. Share 6 unimportant/random things about yourself.
4. Tag 4 people at the end of your entry.
I don't know if this means I have to list 12 unimportant/random things about myself since I was tagged twice, but here it goes.
1. I met Billy Boyd from the movie Lord of the Rings, he played the hobbit, Pipin.
2. I love to eat salads for supper. We grow a very big garden to supply everything we need for a healthy salad.
3. I started raising chickens a few years ago so I wouldn't have to buy eggs from the store anymore. One of our chickens doesn't want to live in the coop and pen with all the other chickens, so she has been free range for a year. She has been following me around lately and when she can't find me, she is now coming up to the house and flying up to the window sills looking in the window for me. Today she was on the porch on my glider looking through the big picture window looking for me.
3. My left eye doesn't move past the center, it is called Duane's Syndrome. Therefore, I don't see to my left unless I turn my head completely to the left.
4. So when I was in grade school, the kids would call me crossided lion, because my eyes crossed, because of the above reason.
5. I had a pet rabbit named Sugar when I was growing up. She was an albino rabbit.
6. I wore my Mother's wedding dress when I got married. It was a beautiful hooped skirt wedding dress.
Now for 6 more unimportat/random facts about my life.
7. In my previous post, I mentioned that I just got 7 stitches in my index finger from slicing my finger while cutting celery, well, the only other time I had to get stitches was from trying to separate two slices of frozen ham with a butcher knife, the knife went into my pinky finger and I had to get 4 stitch's. Ouch!!
8. I like my new pj's, they are green polka dotted shorts with a lavender top.
9. I met Cathy Rigby in 1972 and got her autograph at the place that I took gymnastic lessons. The reason I mention this is that my daughter, Katrina and I, just went to see the musical Peter Pan and Cathy Rigby was Peter Pan. If you don't remember, Cathy Rigby, throughout her gymnastics career, she was able to win numerous international gymnastic medals (including eight gold medals) and she went to the Olympics a second time in 1972. Cathy won a silver medal on the balance beam at the 1970 World Championships, being the first American woman to medal in World Gymnastics. I found a clip of Cathy performing as Peter Pan on YouTube - (I did not film this, it looks like this clip is from 2007:
10. I am fascinated by my friends retaining wall that has moss growing on the top of it. There are these beautiful little red flowers growing out of the moss.
11. I have held a hummingbird twice in my life. First time one was caught in the net that covered my blueberries, I got her untangled and let her go. The second time, it was a baby hummingbird that fell out of the nest and I picked it up and put it in the tree so cats wouldn't get to it. I watched the Mama bird coming in to feed it and the next day it flew off. It was amazing.
12. I never dreamed that when I learned how to tat, that it would become so important to me. I love how it relaxes me. I try to tat a little every day. I never knew how much all the people I have met through the internet tatting sites and lists would mean to me. Even though I have never met these wonderful people, I think of them as my friends. Especially, Jane E., Pamela, Hope G., TattingChic, Joy, Diane, Gina, and the list goes on and on. I can be a very quiet person of very few words at times, but I try to stay active in the list because I enjoy everyones blogs and journals. I appreciate everyone of our talented designers and love tatting their patterns. Thank you!!!!
Now to choose 4 people to tag, actually 8 people, since I was tagged twice:
1.Pamela - Tats a Kool Challenge
2.BJ - Ridgetatter
3. Jon - Jon's Thread Escapade
5. Nita's Creations
6. Connie - Tattin' N' Craftin' Rainbow Rose
7. Tayna - Wonk's Tatting
8. Carol Amich - Battatter's Belfry