Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Tatting for Christmas

I have been busy tatting for Christmas.  I always seem to wait until the last possibly time to start on items I want to tat before Christmas and this year was no exception.  I did manage to get quite a bit done though.  With all the new Lizbeth threads, I had a hard time deciding what to use first.  I wasn't sure how I felt about the color - Blue River Glades, but after I tatted with it, it has become one of my favorite colors.  The blues and greens are so rich in color, I just love how this motif and earrings turned out.  The motif  that I made into a pendant is a pattern by Mark Myers, Shuttle Motif.  The earrings are by Jennifer Williams.  Click on her name and then go to patterns and here is the direct link to the earrings. 

These Tatted Christmas Tree Earrings are a favorite of mine to tat.  I tat at my Library on Thursdays.  There is a crochet group that meets on Thursday afternoon and I asked if I could come tat while they crocheted.  Then a knitter asked if she could come, so we keep growing in size.  Anyway, I had been tatting these tree earrings and three of the ladies asked if they could buy a pair of the earrings.  They are quick and easy to tat. The Christmas tree earrings are a pattern by Brenda Bonilla and the pattern was in an old Knots Newsletter.
I normally tat these in the solid green color, but this year I tried the very pretty variegated Lizbeth thread Christmas Green Mix 152.  I'm not sure which color I like more now.  The solid or the variegated???

Last but not least is a pendant set made in another new Lizbeth thread, Autumn Spice -136.   This is such an awesome color and Yarnplayer's Tatted Leaf pattern looks great in this thread. The Celtic Motif I tatted as the pendant is a pattern by Rosemarie Peel "Tatting for Pleasure."  I have gotten many compliments on this set when I wear it.


Front Side           Back Side



I still have more tatting to show, but I'll save it for another post.
Happy Holidays!


22 comments:

Fox said...

It is all very pretty! The threads are lovely.
Fox : )

Jane Eborall said...

Ooooh, what a lot of lovely, lovely tatting. You have been very busy.

IsDihara said...

Wow! Your tatting looks fantastic.

And I am pleased as punch that Blue River Glades has become a favorite colorway. I didn't choose the color combo, just the name. But I feel the same way as you do about the colors.

Thank you for your kind comments about the earrings I tatted from Marilee Rocklley's "Tatted Jewelry."

Gina said...

You're way ahead of me as I've tatted NOTHING for Christmas. Maybe if I start now for next year? Your jewelry all looks fantastic!

Bella Sinclair said...

Oh my goodness, Carol, these are truly gorgeous! And the little trees are adorable. I can't decide either. They are both wonderful!

Caroline B said...

Gorgeous work - love the little Xmas trees!

God's Kid said...

Everything is so beautiful and in such fabulous colors!!! :)

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Carol,

Glad I am not the only one that leaves things until the last minute.
I love all your wonderful tatted creations, the Christmas trees earrings are cute.

Happy week, as we count down the days until Christmas
Hugs
Carolyn

Marilee Rockley said...

You have been busy, these are all so beautiful! I haven't seen the earrings in the top photo before. It looks like a very simple and pretty pattern. Love all the colors!

Suztats said...

Very nice tatting! I like the colors and patterns you've shown.

Michelle said...

Wow, it's all so lovely- but I'm captivated by those little trees. Was the pattern one you purchased or one that you could possibly share? I've looked but to no avail.

: )

Miranda said...

I love the Blue River Glades, I'm definitely going to have to get some of that.

I like the trees in both threads. The way it worked out in the variegated, with the white at the top, makes it look like the trees are covered in snow.

Carol Schockling Lawecki said...

Thank you everyone for your lovely comments. Miranda, you have a point there about the trees looking like they are snow covered on the top :)
Happy Holidays everyone!!

Anonymous said...

BEAUTIFUL my dear friend. You have been very busy.
Love ya.

Jennifer said...

To find my earrings pattern go to www.cariad-tatting.co.uk then click on 'Patterns'. The direct link doesn't appear to be working, sorry, so I'll have to fix it.

Jennifer

Carol Schockling Lawecki said...

I have added a link to the earring patterns. I found Jennifer and she provided me with her patterns page link.

Thank you Jennifer!

Carol Schockling Lawecki said...

Michelle - The Christmas tree earring pattern was in a newsletter published by Mary McCarthy called Knots. The newsletter is no longer published, but you could try contacting Mary to see if she has any of the newsletters still.

Sally Kerson said...

Admiring all your tatting, but wish like others I had the Christmas tree pattern. sigh.
All your threads are great too, aren't we so lucky to have so much choice?

Clotat said...

really lovely your tatting.. like so much the last pendant.. and the colours! congrats!
clau!

Draffin Bears said...

Happy New Year, to you Carol and your family.
Many thanks for visiting me and your kind note.

Hugs
Carolyn

Joanne said...

Trying to no avail to find the lovely little Christmas Tree pattern on your blog. Is there any way you could share this? I have found a few whisps from my Great Aunt Madelyn who is gone now, so I am trying to teach myself to tat and I am obsessed with your trees!

Carol Schockling Lawecki said...

I need contact information for you Joanne.