Monday, June 05, 2006


Framed Tatted Heart

I posted this heart below when I finished tatting it, but I just recently finished framing it. Once again, I used my Creative Memories Scrapbook paper, punches and cutters to create the mat. The heart pattern is from Pam Palmer's Tatting Treats book. I painted the frame to coordinate with the colors of mat I made.

I have been teaching my friend, Rayanna, to tat and she picked it up very quickly. I went over to her house last night to tat some. She is working on a Awareness Ribbon, in pink. I was working a little cross from Patti Duff's Mini Tats book. I want to put the cross in the scrapbook I am doing. I will use it on the pages that have pictures of when my children were baptized.

Then I need to figure out what to tat next. I have so many things I want to tat, it is hard to choose what to do next.

2 comments:

Kari said...

Very nice. It's pretty cool how you combined tatting, scrapbooking, matting, and painting the frame to make the finished product.

- Azie - said...

Carol,
U've gimme the idea of framing the tatting piece which has never cross my mind. Probably I can follow your idea, when I have any completed tatting piece in future